Australia Awards Scholarship is a fully funded Scholarship for international students. It is an Australian government-funded scholarship for undergraduate, master’s, and Doctoral programs.
The applications for this scholarship are open now for the tenure of 2024.
You can find out details about eligibility criteria, participating countries, universities, documents required, and the detailed process to apply for Australia Awards in this guide.
Hook up with the FAQs section for your particular queries!
Australia Awards Scholarship
1. Benefits of the Australia Awards Scholarship
- Australia Awards will provide an Air-ticket of economy class for one round trip (from the country to Australia and at the time of return to home country)
- Visa Expenses (visa fee and medical reports to get Student visa)
- Establishment allowance at once of AUD 5,000 (for study materials, residential expenses, additional health insurance etc)
- Full tuition fee (including costs of courses and every academic fee)
- Stipend for living expenses ( 30,000 AUD per annum)
- Basic medical cost coverage for the whole program(Overseas Student Health Cover)
- Supplementary academic support (used by institutions for eligible activities)
- Preparatory program (in the home country and after arrival in Australia)
- Fieldwork allowance (for Master by research or PhD)
2. Eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarship
- National of the residing country and applying from that country
- Must be 18 years and not more than 45 years of age
- The applicant must Not be Military personnel
- Not having permanent residency in Australia or not applying to permanently live in Australia
- Do not possess any criminal record
- Must have an English language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE)
- Courses must be researched related to your field of study. You can find relevant courses Here
- Countries of the Indo-pacific region are eligible including Srilanka, Bangladesh, Palestinian territory, Papua new guinea, Fiji, Nigeria, Morocco and other countries. (Pakistan is eligible for this year. However, India and Pakistan get eligibility on alternative years)
3. Documents required for Australia Awards Scholarship
3.1. Academic documents
This includes all your certificates & academic record like
A: Bachelor’s transcript & certificate
B: Master’s transcript & certificate (if the student is applying for 2nd Masters or fellowship)
C: Metric & FSC transcripts (10-12th Grade) (A level) (DMCs) and certificates (Supporting academic documents)
D: Course summary (to explain your courses & how your previous courses & studies resemble your future studies in which you are applying)
All of the above documents should be attested by respective boards.
Also, attest them from issuing authority of home countries. The respective university must attest university documents.
In the case of Pakistan, The above-mentioned documents must be attested by IBCC, HEC, and MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
IBCC authority is only responsible for the attestation of metric and inter documents.
HEC office attests bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. documents.
3.2. Valid passport, Birth certificate & NIC
The passport of the applicant must contain at least one full blank page on both sides.
The passport must be valid at the time of visa application and on arrival to Australia.
3.3. English Proficiency proof (IELTS/TOEFL)
International students can meet the requirements of English proficiency by filling one of the following criteria.
IELTS with 6.5 overall and 6.0 in each,
TOEFL 84 and a minimum of 24 in all subsets,
The language test must be valid till the commencement of the program.
3.4. Recommendation letters / Letters of References
The applicants must provide 2-3 letters of recommendation from the previous university, (Depending upon courses).
It is advised to provide a letter of recommendation from the HOD (Head of department or Relevant course head) who should be a PhD.
The referees need to write their contact details (Email, phone number) at the end of the letter.
The letter must include an official letterhead, signature, and official stamp and must be of the current date.
Ask your Referees to write about your academic achievements & discuss their confidence in you that you are fully compatible with the project or course you wish to pursue.
3.5. Referee report
Applicants for PhD and master by research have to provide referee reports too.
Get The official template of the referee report here.
Note: Additional documents may be required on a specific country’s profile. Applicants from Pakistan need to provide Development and Linkage Plan.
3.6. University admission letter
Applicants must select a university offering courses related to their interest and background. It must be affiliated with the Australia Awards Scholarship.
Remember, In order to get Australia awards scholarship applicant must get the admission letter first.
You can find the list of Participating institutions in the Australia Awards Scholarship Here.
3.7. Hope certificate (If applicable)
If the final transcript isn’t ready then students can apply with Hope certificate from their university.
However, they must be graduated before their arrival in Australia.
(Please make sure you contact your university in this regard )
3.8. Research Plan / Proposal (Optional)
Research publications/ Achievements (conference papers, article review, abstract of thesis)
The research proposal is mostly required for postdocs or Ph.D. students. (Depend upon the courses)
It asks you to write about the research project you agree upon completing with the assigned academic advisor.
Your research proposal should be a brief description of your research goals and objectives, the methods with which you wish to process that research, the outcomes you desire, the timeline and budget you have estimated, and the area of study you wish upon exploring.
It shall be a brief document yet explain the entire vision to the reader so that those analyzing your application could know of your objectives and grant you the scholarship if they match the program’s criteria and eligibility.
3.9. Statement of purpose or Letter of Motivation
Remember, SOP or LOM can be asked during university admission.
Technically SOP or LOM are the same things.
It’s a Short biography to tell the panelist about yourself:
Letter of motivation or SOP could be a tricky part while selecting your course in Australian universities.
In this letter, you are asked to write about your personal and professional reasons why are you applying for a course & scholarship.
The maximum length of this letter is three pages, But it is advised to make it short & concise to one page.
How to write a perfect letter of Motivation
If you are interested in writing your LOM on one page concisely, then follow this exact method.
LOM consists of three parts.
3.9.1. Introduction (one paragraph)
3.9.2. Body (3 paragraphs)
3.9.3. Conclusion (1 paragraph)
Let’s explain these three things one by one.
Introduction is the gateway to the rest of the letter. Try to capture their interest in first few sentences. Be original & creative.
Make it personal & full of enthusiasm.
TIP: Try to initiate a story about yourself relevant to the scholarship you are applying & then expand it to the first paragraph of the body.
In the first paragraph of the body, try to tell about your relevant academic & experienced background to the course.
And your professional goals attached to the Australia & university. Share your expectations of the scholarship.
In the 2nd paragraph be more precise & focus on the specific achievement related to the scholarship & course.
In the 3rd paragraph expand on what you are currently doing & the interesting things you look forward to.
Tell them why you are the best candidate for the Course/scholarship. Don’t sound needy or use pompous language instead focus on why you deserve it.
Europass CV can be easily made here.
The Cv must contain all the latest & relevant information about your occupation & interests.
A perfect CV must be hand signed.
3.11. Experience letter
Applicant must provide an Experience letter of the previous jobs & Internships.
Try to customize the work experience letter with future studies.
Mention your job descriptions, work projects & the skills you learned through time.
The letter must be signed & verified by the Head or CEO of the company.
3.12. Portfolios or workshop
3.13. Acceptance from Supervisor
4. How to apply for Australia Awards Scholarship
To apply for Australia Awards Scholarship you need to register your account at Online Australian Awards Scholarship Information System (OASIS).
Procedure shortcuts include: OASIS website > Register new account > Login > Applications > Create new application > Required details > Attach Documents > Declaration > Submit.
4.1. How to Search for Courses and Institutions for Australia Awards Scholarship
Before starting your application process, make sure to select particular programs based on your previous academics.
Note: Consider your country’s profile, courses and programs prioritized for your country’s development. Get the course code of selected courses to fill in the application form.
You can search for courses on Commonwealth Register for Institutions and Courses for International Students (CIROCS) website.
Select Program category > Field / programs > Narrow Field (specific course) > Select Language > Start Search
Get course code and Institution details
You can get specific courses at different institutions. Here, you will get institution and course details.
4.2. How to Apply on the Online Application Form for Australia Awards Scholarship
Most countries include an online application procedure for Australia Awards Scholarship. Here is the step-by-step guide to filling the online application form for Australia Awards Scholarship.
1- Register to OASIS
To apply online you need to register your account at the OASIS website.
Input email address > name > birthdate > contact number
A temporary password will be sent to your email.
You can log in to your account on the portal with your email address and given password.
2- Start New Application on the portal
Add basic information including Name, Date of birth, Place of birth, citizenship, Gender, National identity card number, and passport number (if have one). Then Select next.
4- Add Required Information
- You need to add your contact, spouse, children, emergency contact, previous scholarship, and course preferences details.
- Details of Scholarships are the list of ones that you are applying for this year
- English language details include your proficiency level.
- Computer training details are any vocational or professional knowledge of computer learning.
- Employment details of previous position and present employment status etc
- Membership on any professional platform
- Your knowledge about Australia Awards.
5- Upload Documents
After filling in the required information, you need to upload your documents.
The details of the required document are explained above.
After all of the above, you are required to agree with the terms and conditions of Australia Awards.
It will be the declaration that all of the information provided is correct and true.
Finally, review your application and submit it duly.
5. Selection Criteria and Process of Australia Awards Scholarship
The program areas in each country will shortlist applicants and call them for an interview. The interview and group assessment will be conducted by the committee.
The scholarship will be granted on the basis of merit and the candidate’s profile. Some points include;
- Candidate’s academic profile
- Candidate’s level of potential to bring change in the community
- Candidate’s professional and personal abilities
- His Plans to participate in the development of his country
5.1. Reintegration Plan
The plan is to impose your learning and skills for the development of your home country. It will be assigned by program areas to evaluate the applicant’s possible approaches and abilities. This plan will help you to propose solution-oriented and innovative ideas to the selection board.
5.2. Final Selection
After the interview and selection process, the successful candidates will be announced as awardees for the scholarship.
The result will announce in August 2023. Awardees will be contacted for further proceedings.
6. Deadlines for Australia Awards Scholarship
The deadline for the Australian Government funded scholarship for the tenure of 2024 is given below;
7. FAQs about Australia Awards Scholarship
Can I apply for Australia Awards and Destination Australia at the same time?
Yes, you can apply for both scholarships but in case of getting selected, you have to consider only one.
Is IELTS mandatory for Australia Awards Scholarship?
Yes, you need to present your IELTS/TOEFL or PTE score to apply for Australia Awards Scholarship.
How much Stipend will be given to Australia Awards Scholarship receipts?
A contribution to living expenses (CLE) will be given at a cost of 82 AUD per day and 30,000 per annum.
Are Pakistani Student eligible for Australia Awards Scholarship?
Yes, Pakistan is included in participating countries for Australia Awards Scholarship. However, there are courses only for Master’s programs for Pakistani applicants.
Can I apply for a work Visa after completing the Australia Awards Scholarship?
No, you can not apply for a work visa or stay in Australia right after Australia Awards Scholarship. You are bound to return back to your home country and serve there for 2 years.
What Visa category will be given to Australia Awards Scholars?
8. Acceptance rate
The acceptance rate for fully funded scholarships in Australia is quite high. 2075 awards for degree programs and 840 short course awards have been granted in 2022.
9. Summary of the blog
- Check whether your desired university offers Australia Awards scholarship.
- Prepare the set of documents we discussed above in detail & fulfill the eligibility criteria to get admission & then Apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant will be notified through email if gets accepted. Make sure you regularly check the spam folder of your email and Wait for the result.
We try to cover each & everything, but if you still have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.