Are you willing to pursue an undergraduate program in the UK? Or looking for research grants in Uk universities? If yes, This specific guide will cover “University of Liverpool scholarships” in detail.
Which is one of the most prestigious scholarships and grants in the United Kingdom. It is one of the top-ranked universities in England.
The University of Liverpool scholarships provide academic support to EU, partner countries and international students.
It has hundreds of courses in Health and Medical Science, Engineering, Social Sciences, Law and Business etc.
There are different categories of Scholarships and Grants at the University of Liverpool for undergraduate, graduate, research and postgraduate students.
Here, You will get information about worthy awards offered by the University of Liverpool for overseas students.
University of Liverpool Scholarships UK
1. Which Scholarships are provided by the University of Liverpool?
The University of Liverpool provides various scholarships and grants on the basis of excellence. There are awards for undergraduate courses.
Also, The Scholarships are available for taught masters and Post-graduate degree programs.
These scholarships include the
Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship (for undergraduate and masters),
Post-graduate progression awards,
the University of Liverpool International College Excellence Scholarship,
International Post-graduate research scholarship,
the Duncan norman research scholarship,
University of Liverpool first-class scholarship and so on.
The scholarship and grants can be applied separately after securing admission to the course.
In some categories, the program applicant is directly eligible for the scholarship.
2. Benefits of the University of Liverpool Scholarships
2.1. Fee Reduction:
There are various scholarships at the University of Liverpool that reduce the first year’s tuition fee or the whole program period.
Some scholarships offer 70-75 % off or 1000-5000 GBP (1201-6009 USD) reduction to the tuition fees.
The scholarship includes the Vice chancellor’s international attainment Scholarship, Sport Liverpool Scholarship, Liverpool First class Scholarship etc.
2.2. Research Grants:
The Master’s and Post-graduate scholarships provide research grants to applicants.
These research grants include full tuition fees, an annual stipend, support for conferences, accommodation etc.
Research grants are given under Duncan Norman Scholarship, Liverpool Law School LLM bursaries etc.
2.3. Country-Specific Awards:
At Liverpool University, you can get prestigious scholarships even with full funding if you are eligible for country-specific Scholarships.
Some of these awards include Marshall Scholarships for masters (US citizens are eligible), Scholarship for LLB at Liverpool Law School (Malaysia, Singapore and other Asian countries eligible), Liverpool and China Scholarship Council Awards (for Chinese Citizens) etc.
3. University of Liverpool Scholarships for Undergraduate
If you are applying to an undergraduate program at the University of Liverpool, the grants and awards can waive your tuition fee by 50-70%.
There are several scholarships for students who have enrolled in a program or planning to apply for undergraduate courses.
We have enlisted some of the important scholarships for undergraduates at the University of Liverpool.
3.1. Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship
The Scholarship is provided to highly excellent international students (Non-EU). The award is only for non-clinical graduate programs that exclude Dental surgery, Veterinary Science, Medical Science etc.
This scholarship will give a 3000 GBP (3607 USD, 3408 euros) reduction in fees for the first year of the undergraduate program.
Note: If you have offers from partner colleges for the Law transfer programs in Malaysia, you will get a 2500 pounds sterling fee reduction in the first year.
- Must be a citizen of a Non-EU country
- Must have a minimum of 80-85% in Intermediate (XII) or AAA+ in A Levels
- Must be newly enrolled in a graduate program (non-clinical course)
- Must be able to pay tuition costs at International student rates
3.1.3. How to Apply
You do not need any specific portal or application form. The University will directly grant the eligible students.
3.2. University of Liverpool First Class Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to those students who maintain a First class score.
All the graduate courses except clinical courses with a minimum of 70% score.
Students who are studying in 1st or 2nd year of university can get this scholarship.
Under the scholarship grant, the student gets a 1000 pounds reduction in the fee. The grant will be applicable to every coming year of studies (if the student maintains the score)
- Must have commenced the course at University
- Must be able to pay tuition fees at the overseas student rate
- Have passed the progressive year with 70% marks at University
- Must not be receiving any other official sponsorship
3.3.3. How to Apply
You don’t have to apply separately. Eligible students get the scholarship directly.
3.3. University of Liverpool International College Excellence Scholarship
If you are continuing your undergraduate degree at the University of Liverpool International College (UoLIC), you can get this valuable scholarship to cut off the tuition expenses.
The board selects high-achieving students with 75% of average marks.
Students who meet the eligibility get a fee reduction for the first year of their study.
A 5000 pounds waiver will be made to your tuition fee.
- Must have at least 75% or above score in progressing year
- Must be enrolled in a non-clinical undergraduate course
- Must be liable to pay fees at International rates
3.3.3. How to Apply
You will get this scholarship directly if you meet the eligibility criteria.
3.4. University of Liverpool Impact Progression Scholarship
The scholarship grant is provided by the University of Liverpool’s collaboration with Kaplan Impact.
There are 7 grants for high-achieving students.
The scholarship provides a 3000 pounds reduction in the first year of the undergraduate program.
- Must demonstrate impact on issues of the University and Kaplan
- There are different category eligible for this Award
A: Women in STEM
This category is placed for women who have excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. You can apply for any course related to STEM in this scholarship.
If you are interested in sustainable goals and their linkage to our environment.
You may apply for a course related to sustainability and get a scholarship of 5000 pounds.
If your course is efficient to bring a change in society and development. You can apply for the scholarship for community progress.
D: Career Focus Scholarship
This category has more focus on practical experience and skill enhancement. You can get good internships and workspace familiarity by securing a scholarship in it.
3.4.3. How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, you have to register at Kaplan’s official website.
The deadline for the Impact progression Scholarship is the 15th of April 2023.
3.5. University of Liverpool LLB Graduates Scholarship
The scholarship is available for undergraduates in LLB.
There are 2 awards for students progressing LLB at the University of Liverpool.
An award of 1000 pounds will be given to 2 candidates
- Must have a graduate degree
- Must be applying for LLB graduate program
- Able to pay tuition fees at International rates
3.5.3. How to Apply
4. University of Liverpool Scholarships for Graduate
The University of Liverpool scholarships provide various opportunities for Graduate and Post-graduate students.
You can apply for partial funding and bursaries.
Some of these scholarship includes:
4.1. University of Liverpool College of International Excellence Award
This award is granted to high-achieving students. It will be eligible for International College students. There are 5 awards for graduate students with good academic performance.
A 5000 pounds sterling reduction in tuition fee for the first year.
You are eligible for this scholarship if you get 75% or above in the pre-masters program.
4.1.3. How to Apply:
The eligible candidates will be directly moved for the scholarship grant.
4.2. University of Liverpool Post Graduate Progression Awards
The award is only for the students of an undergraduate who have completed their degree with first class. The students can proceed with their master’s taught program with post-graduate progression awards.
Students will get 2500 pounds tuition fee waiver. The award will be applied in the first year of the Master’s program.
- Students who have graduated from Liverpool University
- Must be applied for current year masters program
- Students who are alumni of the University of Liverpool
- Must have no external sponsorship (by company, overseas government etc)
4.2.3. How to Apply
5. University of Liverpool Scholarships for Post-Graduate
5.1. Duncan Norman Research Scholarship
This scholarship is prestigious for PhD students at the University of Liverpool. It is highly competitive and covers a good amount of expenses.
- Accommodation allowance of 4635 pounds (5259 euros, 5571 USD) per Annum
- Tuition fee waiver
- A stipend for living maintenance of 17000 pounds (20436 USD, 19293 euro) each year
- Conference allowance will be provided in 2nd and 3rd year of the doctoral program
- Desktop or Laptop of 1000 pounds (1134 euros, 1202 USD)
- Applicants who have an offer letter from the University of Liverpool for PhD program
- Applicants tend to apply for PhD program at the University of Liverpool
- Applicants with first-class academic records (above 75% score)
- UK, EU and International candidates can apply for this scholarship
5.1.3. Documents Required
- Academic Transcripts (with 75 above marks)
- IELTS/ TOEFL
- Personal Statement
- Reference Letter
- Research Proposal
- Degree certificates
5.1.4. How to apply
A: Apply to a PhD program
Firstly, You need to apply for PhD program at the University of Liverpool.
1- Find a research topic related to your interest and background
2- Contact the potential supervisor and ask for an Acceptance letter
3- Structure a comprehensive research proposal
B: Apply to Duncan Norman Research Scholarship
You can apply separately for the Duncan Research Scholarship through the application document at the official website of the University of Liverpool
Note: You can apply to other funding and studentship programs along with the Duncan Norman research scholarship
5.1.5. Deadline for Duncan Norman Scholarship
The last date to apply for Duncan Norman Scholarship this year is 7th April 2023.
5.2. University of Liverpool International Post-graduate Research Scholarship
The scholarship is provided by the University of Liverpool awarding committee to International Students in PhD programs.
This scholarship is awarded to students in their second year of study in a research area that involves laboratory work.
Reduction in tuition fee of 2000 pounds ( 2404 USD, 2272 euro) for a year.
- Students performing research in any Laboratory environment
- Students who are liable to pay fees
- Must commence the PhD degree in the same year as the application
- Students from other countries except for UK and EU
- Students must be enrolled in any program except Tropical medicine
5.2.3. How to Apply
You need to apply through the official application form at the Portal of the University of Liverpool.
6. Deadlines of the University of Liverpool Scholarships
The deadlines vary for different awards and scholarships. However, the academic year begins in September at the University of Liverpool. You can apply to different programs from June-August each year.
Although, the deadline for the University of Liverpool Impact progression Scholarship is 15th April 2023
7. FAQs about the University of Liverpool Scholarships
Q: What is the Fee structure of the University of Liverpool for international students?
The University of Liverpool offers many programs in various subjects;
- The average fee for undergraduates is from 22,000-30,000 pounds ( 26512 -36153 USD) per annum depending on the courses you select.
- The fee for masters programs is 24,000 – 30,000 pounds (28918 – 36153 USD) yearly
Q: How can I get a Fully funded Scholarship in the UK?
The University of Liverpool is one of the best Universities in the UK. It provides highly advanced courses to undergraduate, master’s, and PhD students.
As the expenditure for a student in the UK is high, The University of Liverpool provides distinct scholarships and grants to International students.
You can apply for multiple awards to maintain study expenses at Liverpool University.
This article includes everything you need to know about the University of Liverpool Scholarships.
We try to cover each & everything, but if you still have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.