The Turkiye Burslari Scholarship is a program offered by the Government of Turkey that aims to provide financial support to international students who wish to study in Turkey.
The scholarship covers every expense during the study period in Turkey. It is provided for bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, and short-term courses.
This article provides a comprehensive guide for the applicants of the turkiye burslari scholarship.
If you are looking for detailed guidelines about documents, the application process, and other elements for Turkiye burslari scholarship, keep an eye on the blog.
Also, the FAQs will help you find your queries related to Tukriye Burlsari Scholarship.
Empower yourself with USA Fulbright scholarship.
Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
1. Benefits of Turkey Burslari Scholarship
2. Eligibility Criteria for Tukery Burslari Scholarship
3. Required Documents for Turkey Burslari Scholarship
4. How to Apply for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
5. Official Contact of Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
6. Deadlines for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
7. FAQs about Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
Want to study in KSA for free, here is everything you want to know about King Abdul Aziz scholarship.
1. Benefits of Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
1.1. Full tuition fee waiver
The Turkiye scholarship covers the full tuition fee of the students who are selected for the program. The tuition fee at Turkish universities is typically as high as:
- 50,000 Turkish Lira equivalent to approximately 5,500 USD per Annum for undergraduate programs
- 70,000 Turkish Lira equivalent to approximately 7,500 USD per Annum for graduate programs.
1.2. Monthly stipend
The selected students under the Turkiye scholarship receive a monthly stipend that covers their living expenses, including accommodation, food, and transportation. The stipend
- for undergraduate students is 700 Turkish Lira equivalent to approximately 80 USD
- for graduate students is 1,100 Turkish Lira equivalent to approximately 125 USD
1.3. Health insurance
The Turkiye scholarship program also provides health insurance coverage to scholars amounting to an average cost of health insurance for international students in Turkey is around 600-800 Turkish Lira (approximately 70-90 USD) per Annum.
1.4. Cultural exchange opportunities
The scholarship program provides an opportunity for international students to experience Turkish culture.
1.5. Language training
The Turkiye scholarship also includes a Turkish language course for the students to help them better integrate into Turkish society and communicate with locals.
- Course levels: The language courses are offered at different levels, from beginner to advanced, to cater to the different needs of the students.
- Course content: The language courses cover a range of topics, including grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Course delivery: The language courses are delivered through classroom instruction, online learning, and self-study.
The Scholarship will provide two air tickets for economy class to the students (to Turkey from their home country and return from Turkey to the country)
If you want to study in Brunei completely free of any cost, check a complete detailed guide about their government scholarship.
2. Eligibility Criteria for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
You must be a citizen of a country other than Turkey. The Türkiye Burslari Scholarship is basically designed for international students, and therefore, you should be a citizen of a country other than Turkey. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
You must be under the age of 21 for undergraduate programs, under the age of 30 for master’s programs, and under the age of 35 for doctoral programs.
For undergraduate programs, you must have completed secondary education or its equivalent. For graduate programs, you must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Undergraduate programs: Minimum CGPA of 70% or 2.5/4.0 (or equivalent) in FSC
- Master’s programs: Minimum CGPA of 75% or 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent) in bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral programs: Minimum CGPA of 75% or 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent) in master’s degree.
2.4. Language proficiency
You must meet the language proficiency requirements of the program you are interested to apply for.
Some programs may require proficiency in Turkish, while others may require proficiency in English or other languages.
You must be in good medical condition at the time of application for the Turkiye scholarship and provide medical evidence to support the fact.
2.6. Other requirements
Some programs may have additional requirements, such as work experience or specific skills.
Want to study in Switzerland completely free? Check Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
3. Required documents for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship:
3.3.Academic Documents (Diploma or certificate of graduation and Transcript of records)
3.4.Language proficiency test scores
3.5.GRE or GMAT scores (if applicable)
3.6.Research Proposal or Statement of Purpose
3.6.1 Structure of Research Proposal
3.6.2 Structure of Statement of Purpose
Want to do Master’s in the UK for free? Here is everything you want to know about Scotland Saltire Scholarship.
3.1. Application form
The application is available on the online portal of the Turkiye Burslari Scholarship. You can Register through Türkiye Scholarships Information System (TBBS)
Check the screenshot
3.2. Copy of Passport
A copy of the passport is required for the Turkey Burslari scholarship application. The passport copy must be valid and should be uploaded to the application system as part of the required documents.
Passport must be in either English or Turkish language.
It should clearly show the applicant’s personal information and photo.
It is important to note that the passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the planned period of stay in Turkey.
If the passport expires during the scholarship period, the applicant must renew their passport and submit a new copy to the Turkiye scholarship program as soon as possible.
Want to study in Poland for free, check our ultimate guide on how to get Poland government scholarships.
3.3. Academic Documents
- Intermediate Marksheet and certificate (for admission in Bachelor program) – Duly attested by local Board (IBCC in case of Pakistan)
- Bachelor Diploma or degree certificate and Transcript (for admission in Master program) – Duly attested by the respective authority (In case of Pakistan attestation made by HEC, Their local offices are located in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad) and MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Master’s Diploma or degree certificate and Transcript (for admission to PhD)
In the case of Pakistani citizens, Duly attested by HEC (Their local offices are located in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad) and MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Check our ultimate guide about Australia Awards Scholarships.
3.4.Proof of language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS) for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
Meeting the language requirements set by Turkiye Burslari Scholarship is an important step toward achieving your bigger goal.
Generally speaking, Students with IELTS 6.5 overall or TOEFL above 100, are considered good.
Nevertheless, these requirements may vary from course to course and degree to degree.
For courses offered in the Turkish language:
- YDS (Yabancı Dil Sınavı): Minimum score of 55 out of 100
- e-YDS (Elektronik Yabancı Dil Sınavı): Minimum score of 55 out of 100
- TÖMER (Türkçe Öğretim Merkezi): Minimum score of B1 level
For English course:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Minimum score of 72 for undergraduate programs and 79 for graduate programs
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): Minimum score of 5.5 for undergraduate programs and 6.5 for graduate programs
- Cambridge ESOL: Minimum B2 level for undergraduate programs and C1 level for graduate programs
Want to study in Denmark for free, here is our ultimate guide for danish Government Scholarships.
3.5.GRE or GMAT scores (if applicable)
Some courses have the requirement to provide GRE and GMAT scores. You need to visit the university website for course details.
GRE: The minimum acceptable GRE score for most Turkey Burslari scholarship programs is typically around 152-153 for Verbal Reasoning, and 148-149 for Quantitative Reasoning.
GMAT: The minimum acceptable GMAT score for most Turkey Burslari scholarship programs is typically around 550-570.
However, some programs under the Turkiye scholarship may require higher scores on GRE and GMAT, particularly for more competitive programs.
Want to study in Japan for free? Check our ultimate guide about MEXT scholarship Japan.
3.6.Research Proposal / Statement of Purpose for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
There is no word limit for the research proposal for the Turkiye Burslari scholarship.
3.6.1. Structure of Research Proposal
Explain your personal introduction, academic background, relevant work experience, and research interests that led you to apply for the scholarship.
Clearly state your research objectives and the questions you hope to answer through your research.
Describe the methodology you will use to conduct your research including data collection, analysis and conclusions from your findings.
Discuss the expected results of your proposed research and the potential impact it could have in your field of study.
Summarize your proposal and emphasize the relevance and importance of your study.
3.6.2. Structure of Statement of Purpose
Technically SOP (Statement of purpose) and LOM (Letter of Motivation) are the same things.
It’s a Short biography to tell the panelist about yourself.
In this letter, you are asked to write about your personal and professional reasons why are you applying for a course & scholarship.
The maximum length of this letter is three pages, But it is advised to make it short & concise to one page.
How to write a perfect letter of Motivation
If you are interested in writing your LOM on one page concisely, then follow this exact method.
LOM consists of three parts.
- Introduction (one paragraph)
- Body (3 paragraphs)
- Conclusion (1 paragraph)
Let’s explain these three things one by one.
Introduction is the gateway to the rest of the letter. Try to capture their interest in first few sentences. Be original & creative.
Make it personal & full of enthusiasm.
TIP: Try to initiate a story about yourself relevant to the scholarship you are applying & then expand it to the first paragraph of the body.
In the first paragraph of the body, try to tell about your relevant academic & experienced background to the course.
And your professional goals attached to the Turkey & university. Share your expectations of the scholarship.
In the 2nd paragraph be more precise & focus on the specific achievement related to the scholarship & course.
In the 3rd paragraph expand on what you are currently doing & the interesting things you look forward to.
Tell them why you are the best candidate for the Turkiye Burslari scholarship. Don’t sound needy or use pompous language instead focus on why you deserve it.
Tell them how this scholarship will help you or the future of your community.
Here is our detailed guide about Great scholarships UK.
3.7. Letters of recommendation for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
- 2 letters of recommendation for undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- 3 letters of recommendation for the research scholarship program.
- Letters should be written by academic advisors, professors, or employers in a capacity to attest to your academic abilities and potential.
- Letters must be on official letterhead and include the recommender’s signature and contact information.
- Letters should be written in English or Turkish.
If you want to study in Italy for free, find out our detailed guides about DSU and EDISU scholarships.
3.8. Medical report
A medical report is required for all scholarship applicants. The report should be issued by a public or private hospital and must include the applicant’s general health status and chronic illnesses (if any).
The report should also include information about any medication you are taking at the time of application.
It must be submitted in English or Turkish and must be issued within the last six months prior to the application deadline for the Turkey burslari scholarships.
The report must be signed and stamped by the authorized physician or hospital.
If you want to study in UK for free, find out our detailed guides about Chevening and Commonwealth scholarship.
4. How to Apply for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
To apply for the Turkiye Burslari Scholarship, the steps are simple and easy to go.
Turkiye scholarship Application shortcuts: Go to the Turkiye Burslari Information System > register email > create application > fill in details > upload documents > Submit the application form.
4.1. Register Account
The Turkiye Burslari Scholarship has an online portal to apply for the scholarship. You need to register your account through your email. Then, Sign up on Türkiye Scholarships Information System (TBBS)
You can access to the application form after login.
4.2. Upload Documents
After getting access to the application form, Prepare and upload the relevant documents that are mentioned above.
4.3. Fill in the required details
Write a well-structured Statement of Purpose or Research Proposal and Fill it in the required section. You need to fill in other details like personal information, academic history, address, etc.
4.4. Declare and Submit
After reviewing all the details, Submit the application form.
Everything you want to know about MO Ibrahim scholarship in UK.
5. Deadlines for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
The deadline for Turkiye Burslari Scholarship for the year of 2023 is 10th of January to February 20th 2023.
Although the deadlines for every year and cycle of selection procedure is given here;
- Application Deadline: January – February each year (Once a year)
- Evaluation Period: March – May
- Interviews: June-July
- Decision: Beginning of August
Here is our complete guide about Taiwan government scholarships.
6. Official Contacts of Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
The Official link for the Turkiye Scholarship Calendar
Türkiye Scholarship Call Centre: 0 850 455 0 982
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Oğuzlar Mah. Mevlana Bulvarı No: 145 P.K: 06520 Balgat, ANKARA/TÜRKİYE
Want to study in France for free, Check our ultimate guide about Eiffel scholarships.
7. FAQs about the Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
Q. Are there any exceptions to the Nationality criteria for Turkiye scholarship?
Yes, the following individuals may also be eligible to apply for the Turkiye scholarship program:
- Turkish citizens who have relinquished their citizenship: If you were born in Turkey and have Turkish citizenship, but have relinquished your citizenship and can provide the certificate of renunciation or a statement from the Turkish government confirming that you no longer hold Turkish citizenship, may be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
- Individuals with Turkish heritage: If you are of Turkish heritage, but do not hold Turkish citizenship, you may be eligible to apply for the scholarship program. However, you must provide supporting official documents (birth certificate or a document from a Turkish consulate or embassy that confirms your heritage).
- Individuals from the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC): If you are a citizen of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), you may also be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
If you want to study in Hungary for free, find out our detailed guide about Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship.
Q. Can I have an exemption for the Language criteria of the Turkish burslari?
Yes, you may be exempted from the language proficiency for the Turkiye scholarship in the following cases:
- Native speakers of the language of instruction for the program in case.
- The language of previous education is the same as the language of instruction for the program applied
- Turkish language training: If you are applying for a program that is taught in Turkish and you do not meet the Turkish language proficiency requirement, you may still be eligible for the Turkiye scholarship program if you are accepted into a Turkish language training program provided by the scholarship program.
After you complete the Turkish language training program and reach the required proficiency level, you may be able to enroll in your chosen program.
If you want to study in China for free, find out our detailed guide about Chinese government scholarships.
Q. What is the duration of Turkish language course covered under Turkiye scholarship?
The average duration of Turkish language course is 8 to 10 months.
If you want to study in Germany for free, find out our detailed guide about DAAD scholarship.
Q. Do I need to get my documents attested for the Turkiye scholarship?
Yes, you must produce the academic documents after attestation from HEC and IBCC for University degrees and Higher Secondary education respectively
Here is our detailed guide about Sweden study visa.
Q. Do I need to submit the translated documents, if the documents are not in English?
Yes, the documents should be first translated to English or Turkish and then the translations must also be attested by the HEC and MOFA.
Q. Is there any word limit on the Statement of Purpose for the Turkiye scholarship?
No, but the ideal length of a Statement of Purpose is 500 to 700 words.
Check our ultimate guide about New Zealand Government Scholarship.
8. Conclusion of Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
Turkiye Burslari Scholarship is an amazing opportunity to acquire your bachelor, master, or PhD degree from Turkey’s top universities.
You can enrich your experience with cultural exchange and other academic experiences through the Turkiye Burslari Scholarship.
This Scholarship in Turkey provides fully funded awards to international students. You can follow the above article to get detailed information about eligibility, required documents, and the application process.
Here is a detailed guide about KAIST Graduate Scholarship & Undergraduate scholarship.
We try to cover each & everything about the topic, but if you still have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments.